I've helped thousands of people learn to become more self-confident.
- Does your inner voice tell you, "I'm not good enough. I can't do it?"
- Do you keep your thoughts to yourself, assuming you don't have anything important to share?
- Do you second guess yourself a lot?
- Do you hold yourself back from taking risks because you're afraid you'll fail?
- Do you avoid pursuing your goals and dreams because of fear?
You're not alone.
Everyone struggles with self-confidence from time to time. It's part of being human. Fortunately, confidence is a skill that can be learned. The resources on this site and in my books will show you how to get out of your own way, tackle the demons of self-doubt and be the best, bravest version of yourself.
welcome, I'm barb markway
I'm so glad you're here! I'm a licensed psychologist, author and mental health writer who helps people with anxiety and confidence issues. There's nothing more satisfying than helping people learn to believe in themselves and master something that once terrified them. I've written three books on social anxiety, in addition to my newest release, The Self-Confidence Workbook: A Guide to Overcoming Self-Doubt and Improving Self-Esteem.
The self-confidence workbook
The Self-Confidence Workbook will teach you tools, grounded in science, to help keep your self-critic from jerking you around. You'll learn to set meaningful goals, deal with your inner doubts, and not second-guess yourself all the time. You'll be able to walk out on that stage, ask for a raise, write that blog post, or ask someone out on a date. I'm not saying it will be easy, but it will be possible. And you won't be on the journey alone. I'll be guiding you all the way.